APPLY BY 2023-05-31
Postery is a Swedish brand bringing you carefully created and unique art prints. We are a curious and creative team based in Gothenburg, Sweden, and we believe in diversity, value, and quality. We are united by our love for art, and we are passionate about trends, interiors, and design that help create that personal space. We enjoy the aesthetics of the world, and we invite everyone to join and contribute – to exploring the beauty of art and design. As the future is sustainable, we ensure that our products are made to last and inspire for a long time. With a focus on craftsmanship and rooted in the Scandinavian design heritage, our posters, frames, and hangers are being thoughtfully made to stand as staples of a modern home.
Postery is offering a full-time position to an Art Director to join the creative department at the head office in Gothenburg. Postery seeks talent with a head for creativity, a passion for design, and an eye for detail. As the Art Director, you will be doing work across a range of projects and is responsible for conceptualizing high-performing, on-brand, creative assets across all internal and external vehicles, including brand campaigns, product launches, social media content, communications content, moving images, packaging, special projects, and e-mail. The role also includes creating our core brand product – posters.
The Art Director will collaborate closely with the Creative Director on the artistic direction and production of all content. An understanding and appreciation of digital content are required, as well as a solid passion and strong talent for graphic design. The candidate is hands-on with an intellectual curiosity to explore the future of graphic design within interior e-com in a forever-changing international environment.
This is a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative role with a strong focus on development and the possibility of significantly impacting a growing brand. A 'can-do' spirit is a must.
The position reports to the Creative Director.
• Create prints from the initial concept stage to the final art and delivery
• Propose innovative, creative graphic design elements that elevate the brand, ensuring all visual assets are consistent, compelling, and reflect the brand's creative direction and ID
• Design, develop, and manage all brand collateral in both print and digital, including but not limited to lookbooks, logos, newsletters, banners, invitations, packaging, seasonal graphics, and presentations
• Design visual elements and pages for our website, simple UX work, and conceptualize new ideas – landing pages, new layouts, and functionality, site enhancements, etc. to enhance the customer experience
• Partner with the Creative Director to support ideas and the artistic direction of all content, including still imagery, video, SoMe assets, and more
• Assist in planning and executing photoshoots and bring imagery to life through direction on-set and detailed post-production
• Lead internal projects and ensure that the creative output and content are in line with the objective of each project and maintain consistency across all the brand's touchpoints
• Plan projects and work on setting campaign timelines together with the Creative Director
• Stay on top of trends and actively seek new and inspiring creative ideas
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related area
• Minimum two years experience working in a similar role in-house or at an agency
• A strong portfolio that highlights your design abilities
• Solid experience in digital-driven businesses, with a high level of creative digital output
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Experience working on photoshoots – producing and concepting
• Strong eye and demonstrate knowledge of art, design, culture, and fashion
• An understanding and experience of e-com brand building in general
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with multiple team members and align ideas. Fluency in English is required
• Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the ability to use initiative
• Be able to multi-task with solid planning and organizational skills
• You have experience in the production process and know your role in it.
• You push the work forward independently and are also a team player
You need to be a self-driven team player, a problem solver, and someone committed to delivering outstanding results.
NICE TO HAVE
• Interest in interior design
• Experience or interest in photography and film
**Must be able to present a portfolio of recent design work**
Please apply by providing a brief motivation letter, CV, and portfolio as soon as possible. Send your application to email@example.com.
Salary: According to the agreement
Start date: According to the agreement
Location: Gothenburg HQ
Everyone is welcome to apply for this position. As an equal opportunity employer, Postery hires people based on merit and makes decisions based on the principle of equal opportunities regardless of gender, age, nationality, ethnicity, religion, union membership, disabilities, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or social origin. Diversity is fundamental in how Postery conducts business.
For more information about the position, please contact: